Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Use Cat Litter to Mark Your Spot


Am I the only one who’s done this: I was always planting bulbs and then the next year would forget where I had planted them – or that I had even planted the bulbs? I can’t remember where I read or heard this but it works.

When you plant bulbs such as tulips, crocus, or lilies sprinkle a little clean clay cat litter over the spot after you’ve finished planting. That way when you are digging around in the garden or flower bed when you spot kitty litter you know there are bulbs there and to dig around that spot.

Special Note: Especially helpful if you are planting in a location with poor drainage go ahead and some of the litter in hole under your bulbs this helps with drainage problems and your bulbs won’t rot.


ByFaithOnly's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment